It is important for us that we have a sustainable and positive impact on the community and the environment around our farm. Therefore, we have created our social, environmental and commercial pillars to which our company should comply.
1. Reduction of carbon- and water footprint;
2. Waste minimization and use for other purposes;
3. Natural fingerlings grown without the use of chemicals, hormones and antibiotics;
4. Production in artificial water bodies to not affect the biodiversity in natural water bodies;
5. Farmers use irrigation water enriched by the fish nutrients to have a higher production and a better yield.
We are in the process of acquiring certification to comply with local and international standards.
1. Aquaculture Stewardship Council Tilapia Standard (ASC TS) measures the environmental and social performance and impact of tilapia aquaculture operations (production systems and inputs like feed, seed, chemicals and water) and impacts related to on-farm labor and community relations are addressed.
2. Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) is a systematic preventive approach to food safety and a requirement for export of fish.
3. Local Standards Authorities.
Africa Sustainable Aquaculture initiates and develops a commercial and sustainable aquaculture sector, together with local entrepreneurs.
Our focus is on high quality tilapia production for local markets and export, thereby explicitly contributing to nutrition security, employment and capacity building.
CONTACT THE NETHERLANDS
ROYAL TROPICAL INSTITUTE
MAURITSKADE 63, 1092 AD
AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS
T. +31 (6) 21217083
REGIONAL OFFICE ETHIOPIA
GOLLAGUL TOWER #911, BOLE SUBCITY, WOREDA 04, HOUSE NO. 275/276
ADDIS ABABA, ETHIOPIA
T. +251 (9) 29906574
Copyright ASA NL 2016 @ All rights reserved